Northern Lights is a weekly live and interactive show featuring the best mix of relaxing music from independent and mainstream artists. Some of the genres you’ll hear include New Age, Ambient, Chillout, Smooth Jazz, music for meditation, and easy listening contemporary and traditional Christian music.
How To Listen
There are a variety of ways you can listen to Northern Lights.
- You can hear the show live every Friday from 0:00 to 2:00 UTC, or Thursday evening in North America from 7:00-9:00 PM Eastern, 4:00-6:00 PM Pacific, on The Global Voice Internet Radio. (Check the station’s schedule for repeat times.)
The live broadcast can also be heard on The Big Red Button.
- The show can also be heard every Thursday at Midnight Central Time on 88.3 WQNA, Springfield, IL., and Mondays at 8:00 PM Eastern on Radio Relaxo.
- If the above times are not convenient for you, you can listen to or download the most recent show from The Global Voice’s Program Gallery.
How To Request A Song
You can contact me at any time, including the live broadcast, by email at Kelly (at) theglobalvoice.info to request a song.
In addition, if you follow me on Twitter, you can communicate with me that way as well.
Regardless of what method you use, if I don’t have the song you want to hear, I’ll do my best to get it for a future broadcast.
Information for Artists and Labels
Whether you’re a mainstream or independent musician, label, or promoter, you’re welcome to submit your music for airplay on the show. Just contact me and let me know where I can download your music, or ask for my mailing address if you’d prefer to send CDs. Compilations and samplers are also accepted.
Please be sure to indicate that your submission is for Northern Lights.
Become An Affiliate Broadcaster
If you are an Internet or community-based radio station, and are interested in carrying Northern Lights, please contact me for more information. Note that by becoming an affiliate broadcaster, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Northern Lights is a production of The Global Voice Internet Radio, and promos for the station’s shows are normally played during breaks. For stations that wish to broadcast the show at a different time other than the live airing, and that do not allow promos to be aired from other stations/networks, we can provide you with a version of the show in multiple parts so you can insert your own promos/imaging. Please contact me for more information. Also, your station name will be announced occasionally throughout the broadcast, and will be included in a legal ID that’s played before the second hour begins.
- You may choose to broadcast Northern Lights either live or on-demand at a different time. Regardless how it is broadcast, the show must remain unmodified, meaning that all show content must not be altered in any way.
- We reserve the right to refuse/reject requests from stations we feel would be unsuitable to broadcast the show. All decisions are final.